There are 526 tigers in Madhya Pradesh as per the all India Tiger Estimation Report 2018 released on 29th July 2019. India now has 2,967 tigers. The growth in the 4th cycle of the Tiger Census has been a 33 per cent. The growth of tigers in Madhya Pradesh. is 70% .
- Tigers in Kanha National Park:
Kanha National park has the highest 122 tigers.
- Bandhavgarh National Park:
Tigers in Bandhavgarh National Park are 110.
- Pench National Park:
In Pench National park the numbers of tigers are 58
- Satpura National Park:
Satpura National park tigers are 48 in total
- Tigers in Panna National Park:
Panna National park has 40 Tigers
- Sanjay Duberi has 22 Tigers
- Rest of the area has 126 Tigers.In the tiger census 2014 the total number of tigers in the country were 2226. In the 2010 census the tiger counting was 1706. In the 2006 it was 1411. This indicates that tiger numbers have been increasing continuously.
According to the census 2019, Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of tigers at 526. Karnataka at 524 and Uttarakhand at number 3 with 442 tigers. India is now of the safest habitats for tigers. Madhya Pradesh has good number of national parks. It has wildlife sanctuaries and nature reserves due to its vast forest cover in the whole state. There are 10 National parks in Madhya Pardesh and 25 wildlife sanctuaries. Among them Kanha national park, Bandhavgarh national park, Pench national park, Panna national park, Satpura national park and Sanjay Gandhi national park are very famous national parks. The status of Tiger reserve had been given to them. The Tiger who is king of the forest may be easily sighted at Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Panna and Pench National park. The population of this endangered Tigers are maximum in Madhya Pradesh. At Satpura National park leapord is easily sighted.